Skip Navigation LinksSettlement_family_reunification


Family Re-Unification

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) knows it is important to help families who come 

from other countries to reunite in Canada If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent 

resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, 

dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as parents or 

grandparents) to become a permanent resident.

CIC refers to the immigrants who are eligible to use this family sponsoring process as the 

Family Class.

The sponsorship process looks very easy but can become time consuming and frustrating if 

not done in the right way and not well supported by documents.

Under this service, we assess the eligibility to sponsor a relative under ‘family class, assist in 

filling the sponsorship and immigration forms, advice clients on supporting documents and 

explain the effects of sponsorship breakdown.

For us, sponsorship does not end with person getting permanent resident status and 

landing in Canada. It involves successful settlement and integration of the newly landed 

immigrant into the society.